What do you do when everything changes?
Your home, your town, the people you love, your passion for work, your career?
Change is a scary thing, multiple life events changing everything in your life - downright terrifying.
And what happens when you realize you are completely on your own?
You fall apart, and then pick up the pieces and move on.
Support systems are great - but when it crumbles it leaves you heart broken - so why not create and be your own support? We came alone to this world, we will leave alone from this world, so why does society place so much emphasis on relationships and having external support?
I have dreams, goals, passions, ways to do things - that's me, and once joined with someone these things merge, but what happens when they don't match? What happens when the other person's dreams become ours, but ours don't become theirs? What do you do when you realize that you love someone and would do anything for them, but what they want is for you to not be yourself?
Love is life - true love is above all of this. But when dreams are deferred, spirits ate crushed, and hearts are broken, love becomes unreachable. What do you do when the people who mean everything to you, all decide to hurt you?
What do you do when someone whom you love is embarrassed of you? Doesn't want you to follow your dreams because they can't handle change? Is mean to you when you don't live up to their expectations or desires.
Is this what life is like? So many questions, so few answers. Can we really get along with society, or are we meant to be solitary creatures? My heart wants to explode.. I will let it so I can start picking up the pieces. I've always believed in love, more than anything else in my life; I've always believed in no regrets, in setting a path and changing it to not have regrets; and today I'm faced with the biggest dilemma of all:
Do I stand behind my path, my dreams and fight for what I want, or do I give in to love, put all my faith into it, put my life into it, no matter how I feel? I've never questioned love before, but I've always had the freedom and the strength to follow my paths. I have two big facets to my personality - can I find harmony with them or will I have to choose?
I thought I had it all figured out, I thought my soul searching days were behind me, but life always has its plans and ways for me - once a soul searcher, always a soul searcher I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment