For many years I have written - journals, poetry, essays, anything and everything. I have loved writing but had various emotions about my work. But my dream has always been to be a published writer.
A writer I became at a young age, when I wrote my first poem. I was a child then, but my poetry stayed and evolved with me over the years. And recently I put together a collection of my poetry before 2012 and created a short (40-page) collection. That collection has today been published on Amazon.com.
"Poetry for Dreamers" (sold as a Kindle book on Amazon - can be purchased if you don't have a Kindle)
I'm still a little stunned that I have finally taken that first step towards publishing and getting my name out there. I know it isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but it means a whole lot to me. In a few months I hope to publish another short collection, and after that I might move on to another genre entirely! I'm looking in the direction of creative non-fiction - I have had an idea brewing for a long time, but that might wait until after I get out a creative non-fiction short story collection!
I am a writer, and I couldn't be happier.
1 comment:
Your blog looks awesome! I am now a follower. Please follow me back at sychofaeriesbookobsession.blogspot.com
Thanks, Sycho Faerie
Post a Comment