This time 2 years ago I embarked upon a journey. I named this journey the "Soul Searcher." Today I am changing my path. I am not the same person I was when I began the journey, and with that change, I must change my medium.
I didn't know who I was when all of this began. All I knew was that I needed to soul search and figure things out. I had no one to divulge my thoughts and innermost feelings with, so I turned to the anonymouse world wide web. I worked through many obstacles, as many instances of happiness too, and developed my inner self.
Things are different now. I no longer have no one to share my thoughts with. I find, of late, that when I find myself sad, or lost in thought, I no longer turn to the "Soul Searcher." I always end up talking to him. And it always makes me feel good. He is the one I have been searching for, and now that he is in my life, I no longer turn to the world.
The purpose of soul searching had been to find myself. What I have found after these two years is not just myself, but my partner too. Today I find that my thirst for soul searching is still alive, but my prupose has changed.
The time has come for me to develop and deepen the sense of self I have found. The exploring has ceased, and the cultivating has begun. My soul searching has shifted focus, and now requires of me personal, private attention.
The transision is over. The "Soul Searcher" has brought me from childhood to adulthood, and for that I am grateful. But now, as an adult, I must maintain the person I am, and want to keep being. Now, as an adult, I am ready to sould search not just for myself, but for my relationships - with him, with the people around me, my family, work, and my place in it all.
So, today I bid you farewell "Soul Searcher," because a bend in my soul searching has come along. You took a young, confused, lost girl, and made her into a confident, calm woman. With a clear sense of self, and the continuing of soul searching, I will now begin the path towards inner peace - the new road to developing my soul.
P.S. Someday, perhaps when soul searching comes upon another bend, I might return to the "Soul Searcher" - or perhaps I might not. I will still have "Books come to life" and keep expressing my opinions on what I read. Someday, hopefully soon, I will start something new, something different.. a blog, of the storyteller, or the poet.. whichever decides to emerge from me :)
2 comments:
Very movingly written D.. I hope you never need "The soul searcher" to talk to again, but that you'll come come back to write here at some point looking for an additional friend :)
Thanks R! :) perhaps someday I will return here to tell my friend a story or two :)
Post a Comment