The grass is greener on the other side they say.
But along the path I have paved my own way.
Hiked up the mountains and swam through the rivers.
Even made it through the snowy lands with shivers.
Survived the storm of flying words.
Those that so land like swords.
Bared the downpour of the skies above.
Basked in the sunshine and its love.
Seen with awe the tops of tall trees.
Felt with wonder the beautiful breeze.
I have sowed the seeds that have allowed it to be.
The grass where I'm sitting just right for me.
4 comments:
a beautiful and evocative poem! We really are what our experiences make us :)
Thanks R! This is the result of a moment of inspiration from the unlikeliest of sources.. And I agree, our experiences guide us to become and be who we are at any given time. :)
Very nice. I love soothing poetry. And this is very uplifting.
Hi Heather,
Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your kind words, and I hope you'll keep visiting (and I hope I keep writing such poetry!)
:)
Post a Comment