Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Love - "In a Deep Way"

Love.
In most of my soul searching posts I have pondered on this subject - Love - and always explored something different about it. I've gone on and on about how it should be, and what can be expected, etc. etc. But it took a moment - just one, for me to realize that this "love" I have been talking about and ranting on about is so different than that one instance.

We learn about love from so many different sources: movies, music, books, family, friends, role models, religion, etc. From what I have gathered about love, I have always held this simple, spiritual love to the highest degree. One love where a pleasant, unknown force - like the universe - brings and holds two people together. Allows them to connect in a way beyond materialistic matters. These are great things to speak of and think of. But what about that moment, that time in which you feel all of this?

It wasn't the moment I heard the three most beautiful words, "I love you"; nor moments spent finding interesting places to go to, or good restaurants to eat at; nor any Valentine's or Christmas day. It was a moment when I was all alone, in the dark after the lights turn off for the night and I sat on my bed facing the picture of the God I speak to late at night. I took off a bracelet my beloved had given me for Christmas; I felt that because I missed him I would wear it all the time - I had had him adorn my wrist with it too. But in that moment as I took it off to place it on the shelf in front of the picture, a serene feeling filled my inside. I found myself smiling for no reason - as a thought seeped into my heart and soul. I realized in that brief moment that love wasn't attached to anything - not to a body, not to a gift, not to anything representative of anything else - love was this feeling right here. My love - my beloved - was ever present, in my heart - I didn't need anything else to remember that. And in that moment I felt a love like never before. A love that I knew was the kind I have always seeked, always spoken of, always dreamt of. In that moment I realized that the one thing I have always wanted, has been in my heart.

A connection so simple, so deep, that an unwavering trust can be formed. Is that possible in today's world I wonder? Maybe not for everyone - maybe not for those who have lost touch and lost themselves. But those who want, for those who ask, for those who open up and look inside - it is there. That love human beings crave - the one that is the best of all. This is that love, the love that no matter where, no matter what, will be there. It doesn't need reminders, or things to attach to, no conditions to be placed on it - it is simply there. It fills my soul, and I hope some day it will yours too!

2 comments:

Rahul said...

Love is always such a pleasure to ponder over and think of :)

Divya said...

Lol... Indeed it is :)