Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Discovery of Sorts

In these past few months I have been doing what I call "soul searching".. hence I started this blog. A lot of things have effected me in ways I never thought possible. But there is one thing that troubles me the most at this turning point in life. Last year is a year I want to erase from my memory. Unfortunately, I don't have the power or the right to do that. What I can do is learn from the year, and learn from my numerous mistakes. There is a dilemma in this though. I found my biggest regret was being involved too much. I invested my self wholly into it, and I ended up with pieces shattered so badly it has taken me almost all of this year just picking them up! I am finally beginning to arrange those pieces and glue them together, hopefully stronger than before. Now, here is where that problem comes in.. I want to be completely devoted, I really do, without doubts, without inhibitions.. but I'm afraid. Afraid these pieces will fall again. At the same time I don't want to live my life empty or devoid. Nor do I want to live in fear. Do I dive headfirst but only half way, is that any way to live this blessing known as life? Soul Searching has led me in many directions, taught me many lessons, and I have grown stronger in the matter of several months.. but I've reached a fork in the road. And I don't know which path to take. As my favorite poet Robert Frost wrote.. Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood.. and I took the one less traveled by. Should I? Take that path of living a full life at the risk of having to pick up the fallen pieces.. Or trudge through unfeeling and alone in a life devoid of living.. How will I ever know unless I plunge? I don't know if it is a mistake.. I don't know if I will regret.. but I won't know anything unless I go forth.. and hence.. I go forth.

2 comments:

Rahul said...

It seems like there is quite a lot about the soul searcher that I don't have an inkling about! But I do know a bit about those words of wisdom from Frost...

Divya said...

A soul searcher in its search develops layers. Hence, a multi-faceted personality is created. As for Mr. Frost.. he was quite intelligent, and I especially like him for his sense of perception and sensitivity as portrayed by his words. Seems those words of wisdom hold a meaning for you as well..